Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Drive, Putt & Swing

The last Friday before school started,  I thought I would treat my nephews (ages 11 and 7) and niece (age 9) to lunch and something fun to do.  We went to a nearby city which is about a 25-30 min. drive and ate at Big Boy, a restaurant that they don't seem to frequent too often.  Oh my goodness, they picked at each other all the way there!  Made it seem like the longest ride EVER! I debated on whether to continue with the fun stuff, but they did behave in the restaurant. 
I took them to the local Putt-Putt center where they played a round of miniature golf, drove the go-karts around and took a couple of turns in the batting cages.  The youngest nephew was so excited because he could drive his own kart this time, whereas, 2 years ago he had to ride along with me.   He also was the only one to get a hole-in-one at putt-putt. 
I kind of liked the idea of putting them in the cage :)


All in all, I think they had a pretty good time and I must say even after all the bickering, that I did too.  I just hope the first day back at school isn't a fog day :)

No comments: