Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Winter's Tale

It's a new year, a new start (again) on trying to write a blog.  I seriously don't know how people have something new and exciting to write about every day.  It takes me a year (literally) to come up with something, lol. 

Update on my last blog on our cat, Dixie.  She came through whatever it was (still undetermined) and is back to her curious, ornery self.  We found a black kitty in September and added him to our brood and it was Dixie (the older cat) that played and sparred with him like she was a young kitten again.

Wow, winter!  Have we had enough of it, or what in Northwest Ohio?  So far we have had the all-time snowiest record of all season: 48.1 inches!!  We've had more negative double digit lows this January than any other according to our local weathermen. 


Usually cold and a little snow I can handle, but when 30-40 mile per hour wind gusts are included I just stay inside!  Luckily I have a part-time job that I can make my own hours.   My husband plows out driveways and he got stuck many times. The state and county plows have even got stuck while out working.  There are times that the rural roads have been impassable. 

Reading weather reports for the next week and even into February, they are predicting many, many more below normal temps.  So for now, everybody stay safe, stay warm!  I'll keep the fire burning in our wood burner, heaven knows it's the only thing getting a good workout these days!

No comments: