Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Cheers and Movie Tears



Well, here's finding that everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  With the hustle and bustle of the holidays it's hard to be able to make the time to spend just enjoying your festively decorated home or sitting quietly listening to a 'silent night'.   I love the quiet nights where I sit with just the Christmas lights on and maybe a couple of candles lit, with holiday songs playing in the background and a cup of good cheer in my hands.   Bliss!
My DH & DD got me the Keurig that I asked for and a whole lot more!  Besides our normal family meals, my DD and I also went to Cincinnati, Ohio to visit relatives and enjoy some of the city.  We played nutsy (card game), ate, checked out the Newport Aquarium in Newport, KY, ate and did some site seeing from above the Ohio River, and oh yeah, ATE!

Watched a couple of good movies too.

The Fifth Quarter
Starring: Andie MacDowell and Aidan Quinn

My brother-in-law, who is a football nut and now has a son that plays little league football told me about this movie and suggested I watch it.  He failed to tell me that I would probably CRY during the whole thing! It is based on a true story about Jon Abbate who helps lead the Wake Forest Demon Deacons to the most successful season in school history after losing his younger brother, Luke in a fatal car accident.  Jon wears Luke's #5 jersey in his honor.  Keep the tissues handy.

The Last Godfather
Starring: Harvey Keitel and Hyung-rae Sim

Okay there isn't a whole lot to write home about this one, but I thought it was hilarious!  It was like watching some of the good old Abbot and Costello acts.  You just might need to keep the tissues handy on this one too, and maybe even a pantyliner

No comments: